Hair is for me a very important and hard area to find products that work. Over the past couple of years I have found that certain products including parabens, and sulfates; aren’t good for hair care products. For many we have thought that if a product is sold in the store its safe, however after learning about the industry and how we ourselves should be real advocates for our own health, that mindset has changed. I was lucky enough to be approached by Donna Albano a representative for a new hair care company to try out their products, and see for myself how they care for your hair differently.
Monat, launched in October in 2014 and is all about hair care and offers 9 products for men, women and children as well. These products are pure non-toxic, safe and cruelty-free. The company believes in no sulfates, phthalates, harmful colors, parabens, PEG, harmful fragrances, harsh salt systems or DEA/MEA. The natural based hair care system will bring volume to thinning hair, length to short hair, and softness & moisture to dry/damaged hair.
I was able to try a few samples of the products, including both items from the Volume and Balance systems. I happened to like the Revive Shampoo the best in the Volume System, I found it didn’t weigh my hair down as much as the Renew Shampoo in the Balance System. I also noticed that Replenish Masque was a great once a week uplift for the hair, providing back all nutrients back in your hair. Another product that I must say I liked the best, was the Rejuvenique Oil. It had a citrus scent and was the perfect product to add to hair before styling, however it can be used pre-shampoo as well.
In all I was pleasantly surprised with the products and will be more the likely purchasing the products for myself shortly. I would recommend not using alot of product at once, as they are all super concentrated and you dont need much to wash your hair.
If you are interested in purchasing or learning more about Monat products visit mymonat.com/donnaalbano. Let Donna know that SavvyChicMama sent you.
(Disclosure: This complimentary item was sent for review purposes. As always, all opinions are my own and no compensation was received.)
Summer is right around the corner, and this months BeautyBox5 is on point – so when it arrived in the mail this past week I was beyond excited.
Those who havent heard or read my previous posts about BeautyBox5 – they are a subscription based beauty sampling program that send 5 cosmetic samples to your door monthly. It is geared to helping introduce women to new cosmetic products and educating them as well. The products vary monthly and are based on best products for your lifestyle.
Memberships perks for being a monthly BeautyBox5 subscriber is:
All members receive FREE shipping, & receive exclusive discounts from their partner brands.
In this months subscription box, I received the following items:
- MaskerAide Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask
- H20 Plus Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel
- Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths
- Harvey Prince Hello
- Cattiva Precisione Eye Liner
The products this month valued at over $30, a great steal for only $12/monthly subscription.
There is also the option to subscribe quarterly for $30 (save $6), or yearly for $99 (save $45).
- First up, MaskerAide Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask. I myself hadn’t heard about this company before, so I was excited to try it. The product meets much of my ingredient requirements (vegan, sulfate free, paraben free, mineral oil free, no artificial fragrance, benzophoeone free, no added pigments, eco-friendly, biodegradable and recyclable packing – to name just a few). WOW! This item was awesome felt great and my skin felt wonderful after my 20 minute wait. This would be great after a day out in the sun to help relax the sun spent skin. They offer various other masks as well – definitely a company I will be checking out more.
- Next up, H20 Plus Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel. This oil free gentle cleanser not only cleans but exfoliates with the sea salt and energizing marine botanicals – protecting from free radicals and environmental damage. A great clean without the suds (remember suds don’t aways = clean). I thought it was a great cleanser and something I throw in my purse incase I need to cleanse my face on the go – would be great to throw in your beach/pool bag.
- Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths. These items have made there way into my gym bag, a great way to cool off and feel clean regardless if it’s after working out, at work or anywhere your out and about.They leave the skin smooth and have a superfine powder so they leave no residue.
- Harvey Prince Hello. I love my perfume and though I do have a collection of scents because I find that perfume like other things helps to define your mood – sometimes I’m floral sometimes I’m spicy scented. Well with this fragrance you get summer captured in a bottle. Notes of mandarin, grapefruit, forsythia and plumeria – will surely have you in a sunny mood! LOVED this and carry it in my purse for that little “lift me up”.
- Last but not least, Cattiva Precisione Eye Liner. Eyeliner can be a go to for most people, I honestly havent worn much eyeliner in years, except when its a special event. However, I do know how hard it is to find a eyeliner that works and lasts. This retractable eyeliner is waterproof and is a great piece to add to your makeup collection. It can help create any look and is smooth to put on and smudge-resistant lines, which can sometimes be an issue with eyeliner. Plus its paraben free – loving that more of products are taking not of ingredients in products.
Product selection was great this month, and really opened my up to some new products and companies I wasnt aware of.
If your ready to join in the fun, and try out your own click here : BeautyBox 5
Disclosure: This complimentary box was sent for review purposes. As always, all opinions are my own and no compensation was received. This post contains affiliate links.