Ombre isn’t a new trend–we’ve been seeing it for years, on everything from clothing to nail art to hair. And yet, its popularity still isn’t fading! Why? Probably because ombre is so fun to create and so easy to DIY. Julep has shared a new ombre nail art tutorial that uses colors from their ‘Fall Into Ombre’ Welcome Box – FREE when you join Julep Maven.
Let’s get started!
1. Choose three polishes that blend well together, spanning from dark to light. Not sure what to pick? You can’t go wrong with a deep, opaque color, a lighter shade of the same color, and white. Polish your nails with your darkest color. Allow them to dry.
2. Pour two small dollops of your medium and light colors on a smooth surface (like a piece of wax paper). The two dollops together should be about two-thirds the length of your nails. Use a toothpick or orangewood stick to swirl them together slightly so they mix in the middle, forming a gradient.
3. Dip the edge of a cosmetic sponge directly into your dollops of nail polish then align the sponge so that the lightest color is at the tip of your nail. Press the polish onto your nails with the sponge, dabbing and repeating until you achieve the desired effect. This doesn’t have to be precise!
4. Clean up the edges with our polish corrector pen or a thin brush dipped in polish remover. Finish with a top coat. Voilà!
Get the colors used in this look for FREE when you join Julep Maven, the subscription beauty box program. As a Julep Maven you’ll receive a box of brand-new, full sized nail color and beauty products each month – and you deserve it!
Julep Maven is affordable. Every month you get more than $40 of full-size products for just $24.99 per month (tip – prepay for three months at a time and save $15).
Julep Maven is the only customizable box of full-size, limited-run nail colors and beauty innovations. That means no surprises, no dupes or colors you don’t like. You can see what is in your box each month and have the option of swapping out colors/products you already have or don’t want.
Julep Mavens get 20% off all single product purchases, free shipping, early access to secret sales. If you are passionate about your polish, that adds up to some amazing savings!
LIMITED TIME OFFER! Join Maven and get the 4-piece Ombre Welcome Box FREE ($50+ value) – just pay $2.99 shipping with code FALLGIRL. Want an even better deal? Pre-pay for your first three months of Maven and get the Welcome Box and shipping FREE. Either way, you are going to LOVE being a Maven.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links
With the onset of February the winter cold is in full swing, and the only thing to get one by is a little something sweet. In this month BeautyBox5 they are sharing the love with the celebration of their 3rd Birthday – sweets all around! Continue reading
It’s the holiday season and with all the running around it can leave one with little time to themselves. So this month BeautyBox5 is giving you a Happy Spa-liday full of products to help lift your spirits.
BeautyBox5 – is a subscription based beauty sampling program that send 5 cosmetic samples to your door monthly. It is geared to helping introduce women to new cosmetic products and educating them as well. The products vary monthly and are based on best products for your lifestyle.
Memberships perks for being a monthly BeautyBox5 subscriber is:
All members receive FREE shipping, & receive exclusive discounts from their partner brands.
In this months subscription box, I received the following items:
- Jaqua Bath & Body Collection (Pink Champagne Lotion)
- Absolute! New York Nail Polish Remover Pads (Lemon)
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer
- Nanacoco Nail Polish (Yours Forever)
- Lucky Brand Lucky Number 6
The full products this month valued at over $100, a great steal for only $12/monthly subscription.
There is also the option to subscribe quarterly for $30 (save $6), or yearly for $99 (save $45).
- Jaqua Bath & Body Collection (Pink Champagne Lotion) – These beauty body essentials will satisfy your sweet tooth along with your beauty regimen. This lotions subtle scent and nourishing formula, will leave your refreshed and relaxed.
- Absolute! New York Nail Polish Remover Pads (Lemon) – Being able to change your nail color on the go is something most women need. Having portable nail polish remover pads at your convenience makes this a double task. Slips easily in your bag for last-minute manicure, plus with a variety of scents offered it will be a sure pick-me-up.
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer – Restoring your skins moisture is critical especially during the winter months. With this blend of organic, antioxidant-rich plant and fruit oils, this moisturizer can be used day and night to help reduce wrinkles and combat sun damage while hydrating.
- Nanacoco Nail Polish (Yours Forever) – Sparkle polish during the holidays seems to be a must for me. Just that little of glimmer on your hands, ads that extra wow factor to an outfit. Used alone of with another polish its a must.
- Lucky Brand Lucky Number 6 – With a blend of lotus, tiger lily, cashmere woods and jasmine; this floral fragrance is perfect. Just enough sent but not overpowering. I think I have found my new scent for the New Year!
If your ready to join in the fun, and try out your own click here : BeautyBox 5
Disclosure: This complimentary box was sent for review purposes. As always, all opinions are my own and no compensation was received. This post contains affiliate links.
Each Naughty & Nice Mystery Box will contain two must have colors – Patricia and Sue – and the rest will be a surprise! The total value of the box is $150 which makes it top rated value at only $24.99. Get it in time to gift for Christmas using expedited shipping. If you spend $50 or more, your expedited shipping is FREE. Score some last minute gifts and maybe even something you have had your eye on, too!
Fine print: Offer expires on 12/19/2014 at 11:59pm PT, or while supplies last. Purchase of multiple Naughty & Nice Mystery Boxes may result in polish or product overlap. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer or discount (e.g. Maven 20% discount). No exchanges or returns are possible on Mystery Box, individual items, or add-ons. Estimated full retail value is at least $150.00 for all Naughty & Nice Mystery boxes. Taxes vary by location.
Free expedited shipping offer is valid on orders of $50+ on Julep.com and does not apply to Welcome Box orders. Offer expires 12/18/2014 at 11:59pm PT. Orders placed after this date are not guaranteed to arrive by December 25, 2014. Christmas delivery is not guaranteed for shipments outside the continental US or delays caused by weather. Taxes vary by location.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
I LOVE a sale…but then again who doesn’t. After the mad rush of the holidays, its time to get those long-awaited deals and specials. I am a HUGE fan of nail polishes, my collection of colors is vast – and Julep is by far in my opinion one of the best lines out there (and the prices are great too!)
Get up to 75% off at the semi-annual Julep Warehouse Sale! Hurry, these prices only last until 12/31 and quantities are extremely limited. Highlights include select nail colors for $2.99 (regularly $14) and nail color trios for $9.99 (regularly $42).
The Julep Warehouse Sale is a semi-annual event and these products will sell out.
Offer Link: Get up to 75% off at the semi-annual Julep Warehouse Sale!
Coupon Code: none needed
Dates: 12/26/13 – 12/31/13 while supplies last.