This time of year my lips take a beating and regardless of the amount of lip balm I use I still feel the capped, cracked lips. Just like the rest of your skin, the skin on and around your lips need exfoliation every so often.
Now I’ve bought many of the prepackaged lip scrubs from both department and drug stores alike, and they are all great but ingredients are something I like to be in control of. So with a few easy ingredients that many have on hand in their pantries, you can make this easy, good for you lip scrub.
– Organic Brown Sugar/Turbinado Sugar
– Organic Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
– Organic Raw Honey
– Organic Almond Extract (or any scent extract you like)
– Small container
1. First make sure you small container is clean. I used a small glass honey container I had on hand.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to glass container with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, a top honey & splash of any extract you like.
3. Mix and cover.
Use this once week to remove any dead skin on or around lips. If you find it too abrasive you can add more oil or honey and less sugar, it’s a preference. I would use a wash cloth to moisten lips and then use circular motions when applying scrub and remove with warm water and wash cloth. I also suggest to follow-up with a moisturizing lip balm.